We believe in a rebirth of the web as the inclusive public good that it was meant to be. Diode is one of the teams building the new decentralized underpinnings of this new web. The Diode Network is a backbone for this new internet, making it easy to add peer-to-peer capabilities to any application. Diode CLI is the developer’s toolchain to interact with this network. And with Diode Drive we’re creating a compelling alternative to centralized cloud storage that is as convenient or better. We believe privacy and security will win if it’s made easy.
Today Diode Drive runs on Macs, Windows, Linux, and Raspberry Pi’s around the globe giving many people the first time access to decentralized technology through an easy-to-use GUI application. Help us in bringing the app to the next level and conquer the market with software that respects users’ privacy.
You’ll be working on
- Package and roll out new software releases
- Directly participate in conversations with customers and take their feedback into improving the app
- Design API specifications and implementation to extend integration with other services and decentralized apps
- Write documentation and tests for your code, help to improve the code quality
- Do code reviews, run
> mix formatregularly, and chat about best practices
You’re the one if you
- You have 5+ years of experience as a backend engineer
- You have relevant experience with Elixir and/or OTP
- You’re proficient with using git, GitHub and hex.pm to find existing software to solve your problems.
- You have a good understanding of software architecture and application design
- You regularly read other people’s code be it in code reviews, to vet open source dependencies, or to just learn more.
- You have a passion for clean, maintainable, and testable code
- You are humble, transparent and enjoy working with the people around you
- You are proactive and able to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
Even more so if you
- Are active in Elixir community, contribute to open source, or have personal projects
- Enjoy giving back to the community, going deep into an open-source repo when needed to fix an issue and create a pull request.
- Have experience with decentralized or distributed systems
- Worked in an international, distributed team
Why you should join Diode
- You’ll be based in the heart of Berlin, one of Europe’s leading tech hubs and most vibrant cities
- You’ll be working at the Edge of new decentralized technologies, Ethereum blockchain, CRDTs, Elixir
- You’ll join a small team, where your work will make a visible impact
- Your code will go live to customers in short agile cycles, often weekly
Diode is an equal employment opportunity employer that values a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, gender, disability, age, marital status, veteran status. Diode also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.